This extension is a companion for SFDC (Salesforce.com) development with Visual Studio Code.It is targeted at developers who want a lightweight and fast way to work with their Salesforce files.There’s no complicated setup process or project configurations, no external apps to keep open, and no jarring errors knocking you out of your flow.
- Install VSCode (based on your operating system)
- Install “ForceCode” extension on VS Code.
- After installation complete then restart VSCode.
- Go to File >> Open >> “Create New Folder” in your local drive.
- Go to “View” >> Command Palette >> Type “>ForceCode Menu”
- Enter your org User Name
- Enter your org Password + SecurityToken
- Then select the type of org Sandbox/Production – Now you will see the Src folder
- Whether save change locally or server
- You will have multiple option based on your need. For development select “Open Salesforce File” option
- Then choose which file you need using text box like below. After your selected component – that will add in your local src folder.
Note: This will help you complete the development fast.IF you want to open another file the go to “View” >> Command Palette >> Select “ForceCode Menu” >> Select “Open Salesforce File” >> choose component.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Reference Link: https://johnaaronnelson.gitbooks.io/forcecode/content/#overview