What is Flow Builder?
Flow builder is a point-and-click tool for building flows. It can be used to build code-like logic without the requirement of knowing a programming language.
How can you find Flow builder in salesforce platform?
The steps to find flow builder in salesforce platform is mentioned below one by one and the steps are,
- Go to Setup –> Click Home tab.
- In Quick find box –> Enter Flows –> Click Flows.
- In Flow setup page –> Click New Flow Button –> Its shows popup.
- In popup screen –> Select template –> click Next –> Its shows popup.
- In popup screen –> Select Freeform or Auto layout structure –> Finally view Flow Builder.
About Flow builder Layout :
In this flow builder layout three parts available and they are,
- Button Bar
- Tool Box
Button Bar (1) :
In this Button bar contain many buttons and they provide information about the flow. The buttons are,
- In Activate or Deactivate button shows Whether the flow is active or not.
- Save and Save As buttons are used to save flow in that current layout.
- Run button used to run the most recently saved version of the flow.
- Debug button used to verify the flow process.
Tool Box (2) :
The Tool box contains Elements and Manager tab these are used to build the flow.
- Elements tab contains three part and these elements are used to create the flow. They are,
- Interaction type elements
- Logic type elements
- Data type elements
These are contains multiple elements like Screen ,Decision , Assignment, Update and create records.
2. Manager tab contains Search box , New resource , resources and elements section.
- Search box used to search what you want in flow.
- New Resource Button used to create new resource in flow.
- Resources section has two section and they are,
- Screen components – Tt contains screen components available in flow.
- Variables – It contains variables available in flow.
- Elements section contains what are the elements used in flow and it is divided under these elements type.
Canvas (3) :
The canvas is the working area of flow builder layout, where you build a flow by adding multiple elements. As you add elements to the canvas and connect them together, you see a visual diagram of your flow.
These are play important role in flow builder layout to create flow in salesforce.