We will discuss what are the possible ways available for testing flow in salesforce and how it will work so that you can find errors before they affect your users.
Yes, Its simple test method by using clicks not a code.
Steps for Flow Test :
- In Setup page –> Enter Flows in the Quick Find box –> Select Flows.
- In Flow list page –> Select Flow which need to test.
- In Flow builder layout –> Check Flow is already saved or not –> Before Test a Flow click Save (Because unsaved changes aren’t executed when you test the flow).
After save a flow you will test a flow by two different ways and they are,
- Run –>To use the runtime experience determined by your process automation settings, click Run .You can’t set input variables or see debug details. It runs the active version of each flow called by Subflow elements. If a referenced flow has no active version, this option runs the latest version of the referenced flow
- Debug –>To set input variables or see debug details as the flow runs, click Debug. If you opt to view debug details, the flow is rendered in Lightning runtime even if Lightning runtime isn’t enabled for the org.
Among these two possibilities Debug is most recommended one.
- Click Run –> Its work like this,
If click Next , the entered details are saved in org and it redirect to again same page.
- Click Debug –>Its work like this,
After enter the required details then click next and its shows Successful message and debug details information like this below, After click Run Again Its go back.
If by using Debug it completely different with Run process. It doesn’t save any records in org. Also its shows Debug Details in right side of the pane.