A Product Bundle is a combination of different products that are sold to customers as one combined product or package. Salesforce CPQ provides facilities to create and configure product bundles. In this post we will create a Product Bundle as follows.
Product Bundle Name: Desktop System Feature : Peripherals Options : CPU 2.8 GHz Options : RAM 8GB Feature : Other Options Options : Keyboard Options : Mouse
Following are the steps to create a Product Bundle.
- First step is to create the Parent Product ‘Desktop System’. Go to products tab and click on ‘New’.
- Product Name – Name of the product bundle – ‘Desktop Systems’ on select of which adds all its child products while configuration.
- Product Code -‘ DESK001’, Unique code for the product.
- Active – Set the value to true.
- Quantity Editable – Set the value to true if you want to allow users to edit the quantity during configuration.
- Default Quantity – The default value of quantity. Set to 1.
- Configuration Type – If ‘Required’ is selected, on selection of this product, it redirects to product configuration screen and users are allowed to configure the product options. If ‘Allowed’ is selected, it takes to the configuration screen but it is not mandatory for the users to configure. If ‘Disabled’ is selected, on selection of this product, it takes to the edit lines page where all the product options for this product are added by default. Users are not allowed to configure.
- Configuration Event – This specifies when to show the configuration Screen. Select ‘Always’ if you want to redirect to configuration screen every time when users select this product.
- Option Layout – This specifies how to list the product options in configuration screen. It can be either in tabs, sections or wizard. Set this to sections.
- Option Selection Method – This specifies how to select options under a bundle. If ‘Click’ is selected, checkbox will be listed along with product options and users will have to select the options. If ‘Add’ is selected, it renders a button which brings up a dialog box with available options. Set this to ‘Click’.
2. Similar to step 1, create the other products which has to be bundled together such as CPU 2.8Ghz, RAM 8GB, Keyboard, Mouse . For each product created, go to related lists, add a new price book entry with list price updated for each of the product.
3. Next step is to create a Product Feature. Product Feature is created to organize options to groups such as Peripherals/Other Options. Go to Product Feature and click on ‘New’ or you can click on related list of the product and select ‘New’.
- Feature Name – Name of the feature ‘Peripherals.
- Min Options – Set to 1. Minimum quantity of Product Options that must be selected for this feature.
- Max Options – Set to 2. Maximum quantity of Product Options that must be selected for this feature.
- Number – Set as 1. It is sequential number based on which the features are listed in related list of products.
- Configured SKU – Select the product ‘Desktop Systems’. This is the name of the product for which the feature has to be displayed.
4. Create another feature named ‘Other Options’ similar to step 3.
5. Next step is to create Product Options. This is to map the product to a specific bundle and feature so that, when the product is selected, it lists all the products added as options. Go to related list of Product and under Product Options, click on ‘New’.
- Configured SKU – Select ‘Desktop Options’. This is the name of the product to which it has to be mapped.
- Optional SKU – Select ‘CPU 2.8 GHz’, the name of the product option.
- Feature – Select ‘Peripherals’. This is the name of the feature under which the options has to be listed.
- Number – Set to 1. This is the display order in which the options will be displayed under the feature.
- Quantity – Set to 1. This is the quantity of the product that is added to the bundle when this option is selected.
- Quantity Editable – This should be selected only when we want the users to edit the quantity during configuration.
- Selected – Set this to true. When set to ‘true’ this option will be selected by default in configuration.
- Required – Set this to true. When set to ‘true’, this option should be selected in configuration rule without which the users will not be able to proceed to next screen.
- Bundled – Set this to true. This indicates that the product is bundled with a main product.
- Unit Price – Set this value if the list price has to be overridden with the value in Price Book Entry.
- Min Quantity, Max Quantity – Set these values if minimum and maximum values has to be set for quantities.
6. Similar to Step 5, create product options for RAM 8GB, Keyboard and Mouse.