Before knowing about the salesforce cloud, one should know what cloud computing is. Cloud computing is the delivery of various services over the internet. Clients no need to procure hardware or maintain a Datacenter for their data storage, servers, networking, and Softwares, which will be taken care of by their cloud service providers.
Cloud service providers example: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google cloud, etc.
Advantages of Cloud computing:
- Reliability – It’s reliable because cloud service providers are big, and they will have big expert teams for all purposes.
- Security – Secure because security experts of service providers regularly audit their servers and networks in the cloud.
- Adaptability – No adaptors are required because most of the processes are done in the browser itself.
- Scalability – Scalable because size, count, and any numbers can be easily changeable by opting for subscriptions.
- Cost-effective– Due to less hardware cost, cloud computing became cost-effective.
Salesforce is a CRM that is hosted in the cloud to be accessed over the internet. Before Salesforce, there were more CRMs available in the market. Those are in-house, which requires huge hardware for each client. Salesforce reduced its hardware requirement by moving itself into the cloud.
Many multinational companies use Salesforce as their CRM
TYPES OF SALESFORCE CLOUD
The sales cloud is a platform that supports all sales-related activities and customer coordination. It helps and brings more value to Sales Reps and Sales Managers. It serves the B2B and B2C segments.
Sample things we can do with sales cloud:
- Customer data stored in numerous docs, spreadsheets, and emails are disorganized and inconvenient, and it provides no significant insight. That data is put to good use when it is all in one place, such as Sales Cloud. Sales cloud can help users to create prospective customers from that list.
Service Cloud helps the support team to organize and maintain customer service effectively. It provides a working platform for your company’s customer service and support teams.
Sample things we can do with service cloud:
- Automation tools such as workflows and process builders can auto-trigger email and assign tasks to employees based on the client’s desire.
- Managing outgoing and receiving calls from a single application with Service Cloud in a call center.
Exact Target was the previous name for the marketing cloud. Marketing cloud supports to engage the customers in real-time, automate your communication channels to reach customers, and enhance their journeys. In this cloud, marketers can reach customers effectively through email, mobile, social media, online personalization, content marketing, content management, and data analytics.
Sample things we can do with marketing cloud:
- Companies who want to target customers, who are actually interested in their products, can write content on the item. The customers who read it and understood it gravitated toward them.
- Automated email marketing, lead generation via forms, and landing sites are just a few examples.
- Marketing clouds play a crucial part in digital marketing advertising.
Commerce Cloud is a platform that gives complete e-commerce support. It provides a consistent customer experience and service regardless of customer location (online or in-store).
Sample things we can do with commerce cloud:
- Adidas made use of the Commerce Cloud platform.
- Adidas’ business relies heavily on digital eCommerce.
- E-Commerce sales increased by 59 percent, allowing it to reach customers that would otherwise be out of reach for its traditional brick-and-mortar locations.
Experience cloud is known as Community Cloud. Experience cloud is a platform that connects customers, employers, and partners together. It helps customers associate with the business team or employee community groups and complete their tasks efficiently. It also enables businesses to interact with customers directly, improve partner success, and boost employee productivity.
Sample things we can do with experience cloud:
- With the easy case creation feature, customers can directly create cases, and these cases will automatically be escalated to respective groups based on the keywords.
- Employees can collaborate on projects, find subject-matter experts, get updates, and more. Foster a more innovative workplace where anyone, anywhere, can contribute ideas.
Financial Service cloud
Financial Service Cloud is a managed package that extends the functionalities of Sales and Service clouds. And which is suitable for financial firms like banking and insurance companies.
Sample things we can do with the financial service cloud:
- Can manage huge amounts of banking customer data and manage customers’ financial accounts and cases related to that.
- Relationship builder and map gives a perspective of customers in the financial world.
Health Cloud is the CRM solution you need if you’re a health IT company that manages doctor-patient relationships and records. By integrating information from numerous data sources into the patient profile, you may support a one-to-one relationship.
Sample things we can do with Health cloud:
- Salesforce Health Cloud promises by guaranteeing that all patient care team members have access to identical electronic health records (EHR).
- Improves the patient experience while also saving time for healthcare providers.