Salesforce Net Zero Cloud enables organizations to collect, analyze, categorize and report greenhouse gas emission data throughout the organizational business activities to gain accurate, critical insights about carbon footprint. Sustainability cloud once called, now it is called Net Zero Cloud. Salesforce Net Zero Cloud is one of the best options to adopt to reduce and cut down carbon footprint.
What is carbon neutral and net-zero carbon emission?
Carbon neutral means any carbon dioxide released in the atmosphere due to companies’ activities is balanced by removing the equivalent amount. Net-zero carbon emission is nothing but the activity involved in an organization to remove net-zero carbon emissions released in the atmosphere.
Why do we need Net-zero Cloud?
The universe urgently needs climate action. The net-zero cloud is used to address and minimize carbon emissions. The net-zero cloud helps collect, analyze, categorize, and report the emission data, take necessary steps to reduce carbon emissions, and create business activities with zero carbon emissions. Individuals, businesses, communities, and nations are all affected by climate change. Every person, institution, government, community, and business has a role to play in transitioning to a low-carbon global economy.
Steps taken to arrive at Net Zero Cloud:
1. Avoid: Avoid all activities that emit carbon and evaluate the data, designing and making decisions differently. Thus reducing carbon footprint. By achieving go green.
2. Reduce: Reducing what is being done, emitting more carbon footprint, and swift to efficiently use renewable energy sources. It can be solar energy, wind energy, etc. Investing in renewable energy production helps in reducing the bring-down costs.
3. Mitigate: Mitigate the electricity consumption for years to come. To meditate on carbon emission, we can adapt by purchasing carbon credits. Carbon Credits represents the removal /avoidance of one metric ton of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and working towards reducing the carbon footprint.
4. Invest: Investing in removing the carbon by investing elsewhere but within the value chain. Investing in reducing carbon. Investing in anything new to reduce carbon emissions. New ways of working, technologies, changing behaviors, and values require innovation, finance, information, technology, and human behavior.
5. Innovate: Innovating new designs that help remove carbon with the collaboration of clean technology, big data, and many more. With innovation, we can create a more sustainable future.
6. Dependability on Renewable Energy: Corporations can proactively invest in and use renewable energy like wind and solar while also working with companies. Once carbon is decarbonized in your operation and works on remaining carbon emission through the carbon removal credit tool.
7. Removal & Storage: Carbon removal and storage are the processes by which carbon dioxide gets extracted from the atmosphere and held through various methods. It includes turning it into rocks through mineralization, injecting it into concrete, or using it to carbonate soda.
8. Carbon Sinks: There are a few ways to remove carbon and move it to carbon sinks natural and manufactured places to store carbon. Carbon removals can be engineered using new technologies created by Climeworks and CarbonCapture, which need continued investment to scale.
9. Funding: Salesforce is also providing $100 million funding in grants over the next ten years to nonprofits working on ecosystem restoration and climate justice. Salesforce is joining hands with nonprofit organizations in working towards net-zero carbon emission. It is working towards conserving and removing the carbon from the atmosphere.
10. Conversation & Restoration: Ecosystem conservation and restoration are critical to removing carbon from the atmosphere. Salesforce has a mission to make a global movement to conserve, restore, and grow one trillion trees by 2030. Global leaders and heads of corporations like HP, Apple, Nestle, Bank of America support the planting of trees.90% are aiming at deforestation and land degradation.
Benefits of Net Zero Cloud Benefits:
- Net Zero Cloud is a single source that allows climate actions to be created, measured, and managed easily.
- Carbon emissions and energy consumption are tracked using Net Zero Cloud technologies.
- Net Zero Cloud is the data used for visualization tools and dashboards.
- Net Zero Cloud is used for preloaded datasets for carbon accounting audits.
- Net Zero Cloud tools reduce emissions with trusted analytics.
Companies Used Net Zero Cloud Tool:
- Bharat Petroleum
- Ford Motor Company
- American Airlines
Net-zero carbon emission is gaining importance with enormous challenges ahead. Almost all the companies are joining hands to work for net zero emission with the help of the net-zero cloud. Many companies are joining hands, yet the global climatic situation is far from great. Many people are now working to reduce global emissions. So let us join hands and make the future zero-free carbon.